Research Institutions and Community Service Universitas Internasional Batam (LPPM) was established in 2004 following the Decree of the Universitas Internasional Batam Rector Number 018 / REK / KEP-UIB / VII / 2004, as an institution that organizes, manages and determines the direction of the research and community service to achieve the vision and mission of higher education.
Numerous endowments have been received by LPPM-UIB from the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education. LPPM-UIB received 3 competitive research titles and 1 fundamental research title and 2 community service titles in the IbM (Science and Technology for the community) in 2015. In 2016, LPPM-UIB received 7 novice lecturer types of research and 1 fundamental research title and 1 community service title (IbM). In 2017, LPPM-UIB received 1 applied product research, 8 novice lecturer types of research and 1 community service title (IbM). UIB received 1 title of superior tertiary applied research, 1 applied research and 10 novice lecturer researches in 2018 along with the acquisition of intermediate research clusters. The numerous endowments from the Ministry of Research Technology and Higher Education prove that the research development program at UIB is one of the superior programs which is an existent concern to UIB management.
In developing the capability of lecturers in the field of research, LPPM-UIB has implemented a training program for making scientific training proposals funded by the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education through a stimulus program for writing a Grant Education proposal in 2015. The output of this activity is each lecturer or participant can make and prepare proposals for sending to the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education through Research and Community Service Information Systems (Simlitabmas) in 2016. To support research funding beyond external funding, LPPM UIB through Rector’s Decree No. 003 / REK / KEPUIB / III / 2018 concerning Assistance and Award for Publication, Research, and Community Service at Universitas Internasional Batam.
To be a globally competitive institution in producing research and community service based on science and technology and international publications also produces creative and innovative entrepreneurs who have an impact on industrial and community development, especially in Riau Islands.
- Developing science-based research that is analytical, applicable, innovative and advanced.
- Developing community service which is humanistic, efficient and sustainable.
- Encouraging the output of research and community service-oriented towards international publications.
- Increasing national and international collaboration in the field of research and community service.
- Improving the quality of entrepreneurship with global competitiveness.
- Improving management quality standards and service institutions in the field of research.
Intellectual Property Centers
Intellectual Property Centers Universitas Internasional Batam (KI UIB Centers) were first established based on the Rector’s Decree on the Establishment of Intellectual Property Centers in Universitas Internasional Batam. KI UIB Center is one of the divisions under the auspices of the Research Institution and Community Service of Universitas Internasional Batam (LPPM UIB). The establishment of the KI UIB Center is one of the university’s efforts to assist and facilitate the UIB Civitas Academica in the university that related to the registration and management of intellectual works, which is one of the functions of the higher education institution itself, particularly related to the Three Pillars of Higher Education.
- As an institution that is capable of serving and managing Intellectual Property Rights in integrated and professional.
- Improving the quality and quantity of university in the fields of research, science, and technology.
- Supporting the management of innovations produced by UIB Civitas Academica.
ASEAN Study Center
Constitution No. 12 of 2012 relating to Higher Education mandates to develop an innovative, responsive, creative, skilled, competitive for the UIB Civitas Academica, also develops Science and Technology by observing and applying values. With the spirit, the partnership between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Universitas Internasional Batam is expected to be able to collaborate in work programs that are relevant to the efforts to increase public understanding and participation related to the pillars of the ASEAN Community. On 3 November 2018 following up to the agreement, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Directorate General of ASEAN Cooperation with Universitas Internasional Batam regarding Cooperation in the Field of Education, Research / Scientific Study, and Community Service.
Based on the 2016-2020 UIB Research Master Plan, a roadmap for research and community empowerment is directed to the study of regional development with an interdisciplinary approach from both the socio-humanities, science & technology and economics. Coordinated with these objectives and as a follow-up to the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between UIB and the ministry of foreign affairs, it is deemed necessary to establish a study center that can become a forum for UIB research lecturers to conduct ASEAN strategic studies with an interdisciplinary approach. To achieve these objectives, on November 10, 2017, UIB formed the ASEAN Study Center (PSA-UIB) or also called the ASEAN Research Center of UIB (ARCIB). PSA-UIB was formed as a forum for UIB Civitas Academica researchers who have an interest in studies on ASEAN issues. To develop its scientific autonomy, PSAUIB is an independent, non-partisan, and non-profit institution whose main source of funding comes from universities, grants, and donations from foundations, companies, and individuals.
- To become the main research center in the Regional Region in Southeast Asian with a focus on studies on the problems of Indonesia and the ASEAN Community with an interdisciplinary approach and comparison.
- Conducting reliable, independent and nonpartisan research, also channeling the results of research to policymakers, business circles, and society in the context of addressing regionalism and globalism issues in Indonesia.
- To fulfill education and empowerment to the community based on the spirit of regionalization in facing the challenges of Indonesia’s integration into the ASEAN community.
Entrepreneur Center is an institution established to be a substance in an effort for increasing the number of entrepreneurs in universities. This substance is under the ideals of the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education to develop and expand the number of entrepreneurial students.
Moreover, to create entrepreneurial students, the Entrepreneur Center can also be a door for the university to network with businessmen and stakeholders related to business operations. With the collaboration between academica, businessmen and all stakeholders, it is hoped that there will be continuous developments in entrepreneurship.
- To become a competitive institution in fostering and producing creative, innovative and globally competitive entrepreneurs who can have a positive impact on regional and community development.
- Strengthening of institutional and business networks.
- Development of education and teaching subjects.
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship Development (LED).
- Fostering business partner in business.
- Enhancing partnership facilities in business development.
- Enhancing funding facilities in business development.
- Building an entrepreneurial ecosystem
UIB Open Journal
E-Journal Universitas Internasional Batam is an integrated journal management system. Existing journals are published by the UIB Civitas Academica. You can find a variety of journals via the link below: